Friday, February 12, 2010

The 20 Hottest Female Athlete Photo Shoots of All Time

In the past decade, we have seen an influx of hot athletes for all different sports. But as nice as it is to appreciate these beautiful women in the sports they play, there is nothing quite like seeing them given the same kind of treatment that models do.

For that delight, we have magazines to thank. They have taken the initiative to get these hot athletes and dressed them down for some super sexy photo shoots. With the Winter Olympics coming up and some of those women getting the photo shoot treatment, let's take a look at The 20 Hottest Athlete Photo Shoots of All Time.

Gretchen Bleiler - FHM

Gretchenbleiler3575_display_image

One of those Winter Olympians who gained fame in her sport, but notoriety in magazine pages, was Gretchen Bleiler. The sexy snowboarder took silver in 2006 and was rewarded with this FHM shoot that made her the most popular female snowboarder in the world. And for a good reason.

Daniela Hantuchova - Sports Illustrated

Danielahantuchovasi_display_image

Sports Illustrated has taken great initiative during their famous swimsuit issues to integrate hot athletes in with their models. You would think that would be trouble, even beautiful athletes might not stand up to world class swimsuit models, but I have to say that women like Daniela Hantuchova held their ground and held it well.

Erin Phillips - Alpha

Erinphillipsalphamag_display_image

I hadn't heard of Erin Phillips before I ran across the photo shoot. I'm sure she's a wonderful basketball player, but it was this picture that really got my attention. The heels, the lingerie, and even the ropes make this super-sexy photo shoot in Alpha Magazine stand out.

Ashley Harkelroad - Playboy

Ashleyharkleroadplayboy_display_image

Ashley Harkleroad is hot, but there's a lot of hot tennis players out there. What made her stand out was her incredibly sexy Playboy photo shoot.

To be honest, there were some other athletes who have graced the pages of Playboy, but Harkleroad was one of the only ones who had pictures that I was able to show. Either way, you have to admit, this is a great shot.

Tanith Belbin - Men's Health

Tanithbelbinmenshealth_display_image

This gorgeous ice dancer will be heating up the 2010 Winter Olympics, but she's been doing it in magazines way ahead of that. Surprisingly, her appearance in Men's Health resulted in a great photo shoot, including this topless picture and a great one with a short skirt and a guitar. Trust me on that one.

Anna Rawson - Golf Punk

Annarawsongolfpunk_display_image

Anna Rawson has not done a whole lot on the golf course to be one of the most famous golfers in the world, but she has done plenty off the course. Photos like this one in Golf Punk are a perfect example of why. Those high heels and those legs almost as tall at those palm trees are a great combination.

Maria Kirilenko - Sports Illustrated

Mariakirilenkosi_display_image

Another super-hot Russian tennis player, Kirilenko rocketed to super-stardom with much thanks to this Sports Illustrated shoot. It turns out that she's even good at tennis, but I admit that I'm much more interested in what she does bikini-wise for the near future.

Julia Mancuso - Lange

Juliamancuso2_display_image

Lange ski boots has been selecting models to show off their brand of boots for a while, but then made a sudden change in policy and decided to go with an athlete. The athlete they selected was Julia Mancuso, who will actually be participating in these Winter Olympics.

Just a terrific choice of athlete. She's got two or three pictures like this that make me want ski boots so bad, and I don't even own skis.

Gina Carano - Maxim

Ginacaranomaximpic2_display_image

We all knew Gina Carano was hot. She even rocked the spandex in American Gladiators that we loved from so long ago, but when Maxim took her and dropped her in this small amount of clothing, her hotness took on a whole new dimension.

Natalie Gulbis - FHM

Nataliegulbisfhm2k61a12ca873_display_image

FHM Magazine might be the MVP of this slideshow. They seem to have a knack for finding hot athletes and making them seem unbelievably hot. Let's just say that they've kept me in business.

Natalie Gulbis is no different. This photoshoot of her getting cozy with different objects on the golf court in that hot bikini was what made her the most recognizable face (among other things) in women's golf.

Amanda Beard - FHM

Amandabeardfhm_display_image

I would have loved to put Amanda Beard's Playboy shoot in here, but sadly she didn't leave me a picture that would have worked. So we'll have to go with the just as good FHM shoot. Beard really showed that while she can be naturally hot, she can be mind-meltingly hot when given the right photo shoot. This was the right photo shoot by the way.

Maria Sharapova - Sports Illustrated

Mariasharapovasi_display_image

I put Maria Sharpova a little low on this list, mainly because I think she's gotten a lot hotter since 2006, but you can't deny how excited you were to hear that she was going to be in the swimsuit issue. We got to see more of her than ever before, and that's a very good thing.

Jennifer Barretta - FHM

Jenniferbarrettafhm_display_image

You don't normally think of pool as a place where you're going to find a ridiculous hottie, but we do now thanks to Jennifer Barretta. This FHM shoot, which also featured her crawling around on that pool table in a bikini made gave "nice rack" a whole new meaning in pool.

Danica Patrick - Sports Illustrated

Danicapatrick_display_image

I'm not the biggest Danica Patrick fan, and while I love FHM, I thought her photo shoot in there was one of the worst things I've ever subjected my mind to. That being said, Danica's photo shoot in Sports Illustrated was just incredible. Her in that bikini and heels just drove me out of my mind.

I don't even care that they airbrushed her tattoo away. Who's looking at the tattoo? That is just pure hotness.

Ana Ivanovic - FHM UK


Anaivanovicfhm_display_image

It took me a while to figure out where this photo shoot came from (anything from overseas gets me) but I will give credit where credit is due because I'm just happy these pictures exist.

Ana sprawled by the pool looks the absolute definition of gorgeous. You would never guess looking at these pictures that she was anything other than a super hot model.

Sarah Burke - FHM


Sarahburkefhm_display_image

I've been saddened by plenty of women left out of the Winter Olympics (No.1 on this list and Sasha Cohen to name a couple), but I almost wept when I heard that Sarah Burke didn't make it.

The sexy Canadian ski bunny damn near almost caused my jaw to permanently unhinge when I saw her shoot in FHM. Crawling around in fake show in that bikini. That's just good stuff right there.

Anna Kournikova - Maxim


Annakournikovamaxim_display_image

Anna Kournikova has had some amazing photo shoots for plenty of different magazines and websites. Everyone wants a piece of her ,and she's more than happy to oblige. But I found this particular one from Maxim the absolute best.

She's in the jungle, looking just a little bit dirty, and just a lot incredible. If I was 13 again, I'd blow this up into a poster and hang in on my wall. Oh, who am I kidding, I might do it anyway.

Bia and Branca Feres - Maxim Brazil


Biabrancamaxim_display_image

Oh, Bia and Branca, you two are just a gift sent from the hotness gods dropped right in my lap. Well, I wish you were in my lap. Some magazine that I can't recall basically discovered them, but recently Maxim Brazil got them in lingerie, and, well, magic was made. If they made the Olympics in 2012, that may cause the end of the world as we know it.

Leryn Franco - Black And White


Lerynfrancoblackwhite_display_image

I have no idea where these black and white pictures of Leryn Franco came from, but it doesn't matter. She is just so naturally hot that she doesn't even need color to rock your world. I dare you to find something wrong with this woman. I could look through these pictures all day.

Kristi Leskinen - FHM


Kristinleskinen_display_image

Kristi Leskinen not making the 2010 Olympics is just a crime against humanity. I demand to see more of her.

At least I can go back to my absolute favorite athlete photo shoot of all time. Her in FHM in lingerie, next to a fire, on a bearskin rug is just the hottest thing on the face of the planet. She's amazing.

You know what? She deserves to have all of her pictures shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails